Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Special Committee to Examine Matters Related to the Nuclear Accident at Three Mile Island, HR 48, 1979-1980
Scope and Contents The Special Committee to Examine Matters Related to the Nuclear Accident at Three Mile Island pursuant to House Resolution 48 is an outstanding resource for researchers interested in the Three Mile Island (TMI) Accident, nuclear energy, emergency planning, and recovery from disaster.� The Special Committee held public hearings and meetings in an attempt to better understand mistakes and successes during the accident as well as during the recovery process.� These hearing, public...
Scope and Contents In addition to the normal issues typically addressed, the 2005-2006 Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee focused on several specific topics. The Committee held public or informational hearings on Philadelphia's Emergency Communication Radio System, Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission (BRAC), Hurricane Katrina, hurricane and disaster preparedness, volunteer ambulance services, emergency uniform numbering system for public school, and Wireless 9-1-1. The...
- Subject: Emergency management. X
- House. Special Committee to Examine Matters Related to the Nuclear Accident at Three Mile Island (HR 48) 1
- House. Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness Committee 1
- Metropolitan Edison Company 1
- Pennsylvania. Department of Environmental Resources 1
- Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania Commission on Three Mile Island 1